Hello September! We’re so close to fall officially arriving, we had a small taste of cooler weather before things decided to get hot and steamy again – and those crisp cool days got me so excited for pumpkins, cozy sweaters, changing leaves and all the other fun things that fall brings! I’ve started pulling out some of the decorations so stay tuned for a little fall home tour soon!
The past week or so I’ve been thinking about all the things I want to do this Fall so I wanted to write them down and make an official fall bucket list. This year will be totally different and so, so exciting now that Cici is older and is walking/running everywhere and loves to explore!
- Apple picking at one of our favourite local apple orchards – Thiessen’s has a lot of great activities for kids so there’s lots to do besides pick apples – we’ve already been once but are planning on going back!
- Make a trip to a pumpkin patch or two
- Carve pumpkins!
- Go on a weekend getaway somewhere not too far (if you have any suggestions let me know!)
- Make some festive baked goods – definitely some Halloween cookies
- Have a scary movie night with yummy snacks! But nothing too scary….
- Decorate the front porch with pumpkins + mums
- Come up with and make family Halloween costumes
- Go on a hike/walk somewhere scenic to see all the Fall colours
- Get some new essential oils to make some fall blends! I’m new to the oil world and currently only have lavender, orange, grapefruit, key lime and a sleep blend. I would love to get some clove, cinnamon, nutmeg – anything that smells like pumpkin pie